Carrollwood was founded in 1959 and was built out in the 1960s. The community spread westward during the 1970s and 80’s.
Carrollwood Village consists of the following areas.
Carrollwood Country Club:
Along with the development of the housing community was the development of a 27 hole golf course, the Carrollwood Village Golf and Country Club. This course entertained some Senior PGA tournaments in the 1980s. The club changed names three times – first to the Country Club of Carrollwood in 2001, then to Emerald Greens Golf Resort & Country Club in 2003, then to Carrollwood Country Club in 2013. As Emerald Greens, all holes on the course were renovated or redesigned, a new club house and recreation center were built, along with Condo’s, Vacation Villa’s, resurfaced tennis courts and a new pool area. The name changed to Carrollwood Country Club to preserve the original history of the club, opening in the 1970s.
Carrollwood Real Estate Information: